The Remuneration and Nomination Committee is currently composed of three non-executive directors, all of them independent.
Chiara Mancini | Chairwoman of the Committee - Non Executive Director - Independent
Born in Rome on 20 November 1972, she graduated cum laude in law at La Sapienza University of Rome and in 1999 she passed the bar exams at the Court of Appeal of Rome.
Over the years she has worked in the private world - at the Italian Banking Association where she is Director of institutional and media relations, as well as President's Advisor - and the public one, as Legal Adviser at the Ministry of Justice during two Legislatures: Monti Government and Letta Government. She has gained experience as an independent Director in several industrial and banking companies.
- Non Executive Director and Member of the Audit Committee and Nomination and Remuneration Committee of Cementir Holding N.V.
- Independent Director and Chairwoman of the Related Party Committee of Astaldi S.p.A.
- Independent Director and Member of the Related Party Committee of Cassa di Ravenna S.p.A.
- Chairman of Bancaria Immobiliare S.p.A.
Paolo Di Benedetto | Non Executive Director - Independent
Born in Rome on 21 October 1947, he graduated in law and after he graduated cum laude at the Specialization School of Administrative Sciences at La Sapienza University of Rome. He started his career at Banco di Napoli. Subsequently, he was a Consob manager. From 2003 to 2010 he was a Consob Commissioner. After he became the CEO of SIM Poste S.p.A., of Banco Posta Fondi SGR and member of the Board of Directors of Acea S.p.A., Banca Finnat S.p.A. and Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca dello Stato S.p.A..
He was Professor of Securities Markets at LUISS University and Tor Vergata University in Rome.
- Non Executive Director, Chairman of the Audit Committee, and the Nomination and Remuneration Committee of Cementir Holding N.V.
- Member of the Board of Directors, Chairman of the Remuneration Committee, Chairman of the Related Party Committee, member of the Audit Committee and member of the Supervisory Board of Edison S.p.A.
- Independent Director, Chairman of the Related Party Committee, member of the Corporate Governance and Social and Environmental Sustainability Committee of Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A.
- Chairman of Fondo Nazionale di Garanzia tra gli Intermediari Finanziari.
Veronica De Romanis | Non Executive Director - Independent
Born in Rome on 31 March 1969, in 1992 she graduated cum laude in Economics and Business at La Sapienza University of Rome. In 1993 she attended the PhD Course in Economics at the Columbia University of New York. From 1994 to 1996, always in the Columbia university of New York, she attended the Master of Philosophy and the Master of Art in Economics. She started her career as Member of the Expert Council of the Ministry of Economy and Finance in which she stayed until 2008. In 2015 she became an Independent Director as well as a member of the Audit Committee and a member of the Remuneration and Nomination Committee of Cementir Holding S.p.A. – now Cementir Holding N.V. (positions currently in force). In 2016 until 2017 she has been a member of the Scientific Committee of the Department of Economics and the Luigi Einaudi Foundation. In 2018 she became a member of the Steering Committee of the Public Accounts Observatory of the Catholic University of Milan and member of the International Committee of the WE Woman Empower the World Board. Now, she teaches European Economic Policy at Stanford University in Florence (The Breyer Center for Overseas Studies), at the Faculty of Political Sciences and the Master of Business Administration of the Libera Università degli Studi Sociali Guido Carli (LUISS) of Rome. In July 2019, she received a prize called Premio Profilo Donna. She is working with several newspapers and magazines on issues of public finance, European integration, international economic policy, the labor market with particular attention to female employment. Finally, she published “Il Metodo Merkel” (2009, Marsilio editori), “Il Caso Germania” (2013, Marsilio editori) and “L’Austerità fa Crescere” (2017, Marsilio editori).
- Non Executive Director and Member of the Audit Committee and Nomination, Remuneration Committee and Sustainability Committee of Cementir Holding N.V.
Responsibilities of the Remuneration and Nomination Committee
The Remuneration and Nomination Committee prepares the Board’s decision-making (including, if applicable, proposals of the Board for the General Meeting) in particular regarding:
- the remuneration of each Director according to the remuneration policy that has been established;
- the drawing up of selection criteria and appointment procedures for Executive Directors and Non-Executive Directors;
- the periodical assessment of the size and composition of the Board and the making of proposal for a composition profile of the Board;
- the periodical assessment of the performance of individual Executive Directors and Non-Executive Directors;
- the drawing up of a succession plan for Executive Directors and Non-Executive Directors;
- the proposal for appointment and reappointment of Executive Directors and Non-Executive Directors;
- supervision of the policy of the Board regarding the selection criteria and appointment procedures for senior management;
- the drawing up development of the Company's diversity policy for the composition of the Board.