Cementir Holding embraces the Concrete Sustainability Council (CSC) certification
Belgian cement plant of Cementir Group has received Silver certification from CSC.
This recognition proves the strong commitment in achieving the ambitious Cementir Group’s sustainability roadmap towards 2030.
“The Concrete Sustainability Council (CSC) certification to CCB’s cement plant is a key milestone for our Group to be recognised by a more sustainable products/solutions portfolio, which is seen as a value driven support for our customers journey towards their own green transition and is giving them a competitive edge”, highlights Michele Di Marino, Chief Sales, Marketing & Commercial Development for Cementir Holding. “It represents also a great achievement, the result of teamwork, dedication and resilience during 2020”.
The CSC is a responsible sourcing certification system, designed for helping concrete, cement and aggregate companies to obtain insight in the level at which a company operates in an environmentally, socially and economically responsible way. The certification is built on auditing the management, environment, the social aspect of sustainability as well as economy in addition to the Ethical, Legal compliance and Human Right categories.
After the Netherlands, the CSC label is progressively gaining importance in Belgium and the Belgian government recognizes it. This is a clear opportunity for CCB to promote and demonstrate concrete as a sustainable building material.
“The added value for our clients is very relevant for the success in their own business, as CSC has now been recognized as a responsible sourcing certification system in Green Building Rating System like BREEAM, LEED and Envision” Mr. Di Marino concludes.
This Silver certification represents a step forward in Cementir’s environmental approach and it is complementing other new innovative solutions for climate change including:
- Low carbon cement powered by the patented FUTURECEM™ technology which, by using limestone and calcined clay synergy, reduce the carbon footprint of around 30% compared to Ordinary Portland Cement;
- Technological innovation and development of special products that complete the sustainable and innovative portfolio including Ultra High-Performance Concrete (UHPC), Glass Fibre Reinforced Concrete (GFRC);
- Process enhancement: increase alternative fuel usage, use of decarbonized material and improve process efficiency;
- Energy recovery from Aalborg cement plant: recovering excess heat from the cement production to provide district heating to local Community.
Cementir Group is fully committed and aims at achieving further green and sustainable certifications in all subsidiaries and businesses.
For further info, please get in touch with:
• Chief of Sales, Marketing and Commercial development Michele Di Marino, Cementir Holding, firstname.lastname@example.org